I'm not going Christmas shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving Day. I'm staying home (likely in my pajamas), watching a good movie (likely White Christmas), and eating a Thanksgiving leftover turkey sandwich (likely with salami.) Actually, change that last one to “with salami, definitely.”
If you haven't had a leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with salami, then I suggest buying some a couple of days before Thanksgiving so you don't have to leave the house on Friday.
Here's how to make the sandwich:
1. Start with a crusty Italian or French roll. Drizzle the inside of the bread with a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. Line the bottom of the roll with 4 to 5 slices of salami. Then eat 1 or 2 slices. Really, do it.
3. Add a few blue cheese crumbles, or favorite cheese of your choice, on top.
4. Add 5 to 6 jarred pepperoncini or hot jalapeño slices.
5. Add your favorite turkey meat.
6. Pop the sandwich under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasty and warm. Eat.
You'll likely thank me for it.
You might also like this Thanksgiving Leftovers recipe for Bacon Mashed Potato Pancakes.